FINDING MEANING IN INDIRECTLY MEANINGLESS WORK
Walks are great. I particularly enjoy the kind of walks that make you want to write about walking. A nice walk in the middle of a hectic work day will do wonders for your productivity! It’s also a good way to stay in shape depending on your pace. My walking pace is sluggish at best, but I don’t do it for personal gain…or weight loss; I do it for the company. Yeah, I’m just that unselfish. Walks can also be dangerous sometimes if you’re focusing more on peering into someone’s home instead of walking.
Now, when I say walk, I don’t mean a walk to any particular destination, such as the nearest McDonalds or Starbucks. I’m talking about those aimless pretty walks. The walks that help you clear your mind and wish there were roses around so that you can stop and partake in that cliche of yesteryear.
So I took a walk this afternoon during my lunch break. It was a beautiful day in May in the GTA, and I want to feel the sun’s ray and maybe spot a blue jay. I’m lucky to have a nice little park near my office, and to my surprise what do I see? A bunch of geese also taking a break from their busy day. I took some pictures of them to capture the moment. It also got me thinking about how confusing English grammar is: the plural of goose is geese, but the plural of moose is NOT meese. I prefer consistency in my life.
And there you go – a short lesson on physical health, grammar, and productivity all rolled up into a nice short blog post.
When I walked through a hospital last month, I was reminded of how the employees there endlessly care for those who are in great need. Then as I commuted to work the next morning, I walked past construction on the new Canada Line transit route and thought of all the people who were contributing to something that would ease the transportation woes of many citizens.
When I got to work, I sat down at my desk and thought about how the material I write and edit could help people. (I work as an editor for a software company.) The worst case scenario came first. Suppose the only people who use our software make hate propaganda websites? And suppose that most of them don’t even read what I work on and that the few that do are being aided in their immoral cause? In other words, my work is either completely useless or it is helping people to do harm?
OK, so not everybody is making hate propaganda websites. And maybe some people read my material. However, although Seth Godin appreciates editors, for every piece that is improved by good writing or editing, there is a piece that does just fine even though it’s completely confusing and/or is full of grammar mistakes. After all, I read poorly written instructional, editorial, and marketing material all the time, and often make the effort to figure out what the important points are.
But then I decided to give my head a shake. Editing helps to facilitate others to communicate, it saves people time and confusion when they read edited material, and in my case, it helps people to more easily make good, useful websites, and to write things that make their life better, such as brazilian wax.
Because editing supports main business functions, I don’t have as much chance to interact with our customers, but when I do, I am happy to see and hear about how we’re helping them do good in this world. It is also quite the thrill to see someone understand a concept or procedure quickly and clearly due to what I produced.
Perhaps most importantly, if I need more directly meaningful work, I should find another job. Currently, I am happy where I am and I enjoy my job. And I will focus on doing my job as best as I can.
Hemorrhoids – all about it
Proctology experts have long observed – the more a person drinks alcohol (especially beer), the greater the chances of developing hemorrhoids disease. Semi-synthetic diet, aggressive sport, long trips in the car, sitting before a computer and beer, there is a clear common denominator? Hemorrhoids disease. Recently noticed that hemorrhoids disease also occurs in young people. Half the population of the planet suffers from this disease – the majority being rather men.
If we look at the disease in its simplicity, is actually an extension and the veins of the rectum. In the first stage, the disease is “informed” about its existence through an unpleasant feeling on the bottom of the abdomen, pain on defecation, itching, burning and constipation. After dropping excrement bleeding can occur – sometimes we see one drop and sometimes more serious hemorrhages.
Prolapsed hemorrhoid may worsen the situation, because in this situation there is a tendency to speed the development of infections or worse? Thrombosis. At this point, we must turn for help of specialists.
If there is no other medical recommendations, the patient hemorrhoids drink about 2 liters of fluid a day, including soups, must prefer to eat rye bread, fresh vegetables, Riaz’nkh, kefir, white, yogurt, oatmeal, buckwheat, melon, pumpkin and figs .
“However,” says Dr. Dobkin from the clinic Igor Sun? Medical centers, “Remember – excessive eating of vegetables may cause worsening of gastritis, ulcers, swelling of the intestines and diarrhea. Therefore, make sure the correct dose.”
All beer lovers, freaks of games, drivers and lifters there is no real cause for concern. Today, private clinics know how to most effectively treat hemorrhoids disease. There are the most advanced treatment methods, which allow solving the problem of hemorrhoids without surgery and without pain. Modern equipment such as laser device “Froktoliizr” and the device micro waves “Hmoron” magically work. Already after the first treatment you can feel relieved and can return to a meeting at a desk. After several treatments for hemorrhoids disease forever separate.
What is blood pressure?
Blood pressure is a medical measure blood pressure on the artery walls operator which runs, hydrostatic pressure pushes fluid through the wall, and osmotic pressure causes blood vessels to their return to maintain balance. Without blood pressure would not be possible flow of blood.
This is the pressure in the blood vessels, and is measured by activity mmHg higher systolic Hlbbarc rooms and low diastolic:
Systolic – increases in heart relaxation and fill with blood, ventricles contract and pumping blood to the arteries.
Diastole – flaccid muscle rooms and rooms filled with blood that comes from the increase.
Blood pressure varies throughout the day, the seasons, with age, in response to emotional stress or physical strain.
Blood pressure is affected by:
• condition of blood vessels? The level of contraction
• The volume of blood? The amount of blood (affected by salt absorbs fluids)
• Heart – cramps rooms pushing the blood and cause pressure on blood vessels
In addition, blood pressure is affected by heart disease and blood vessels, liver or kidney.
Beyond genetic factors responsible for predisposition to high blood pressure, are involved in addition to environmental factors that can be controlled:
• birth control pills
• Hormones for menopause
• Alcohol consumption
• Lack of exercise
• Mental stress
The definition of hypertension varies by age and sex, and taking into account personal medical history and family. So you should ask a doctor to measure at least two different and advise accordingly.
Hypertension over time causes cumulative damage to blood vessels and the heart, and is a risk factor for heart attack, stroke, kidney failure and more.
If a doctor has diagnosed you with high blood pressure, drugs which balance can help you by some changes in lifestyle and diet. All recommendations should be taken in moderation, do not overdo it and not avoiding excessive consumption. Do not take the recommendation as a substitute for medical treatment, and should consult with your doctor.
What to do?
• Exercise three times a week to improve blood circulation and aid in weight loss
• Avoid smoking
• Limiting intake of caffeine (found in coffee, tea, cola, chocolate)
• limit the intake of caffeine
What to eat?
• Low-fat milk: calcium causes urinary sodium excretion, found in dairy products, tahini, sardines, dried fruits, etc.
• low-fat diet: Reduce eating red meat, reduce consumption of saturated fat (which is red meat and fat dairy products such as butter, cheese, cream and ice cream)
• low-salt diet: salt causes fluid reservoir and subsequently to increase blood volume and increased pressure on the arterial walls. Avoid high-sodium foods such as processed foods, salty snacks, pickles, soup powders, meats and sausages
• A diet high in fiber: fruits and vegetables, whole grains
• Vitamin C keeps the flexibility of blood vessels and helps prevent blood clots, thus reducing chance of stroke and reduces risk of heart disease. Are strawberries, kiwi, citrus fruits, red peppers alive
• bananas are potassium, which is a mineral balances the blood pressure through the impact on sodium concentration. Potassium is also important for regulating heart rate and normal functioning of the nervous system. Potassium is also found in legumes and dried fruits, tomato paste and yoghurt
• Another important mineral magnesium, which strengthens the heart activity and is important to the nervous system. Magnesium is found in nuts, lentils and beans, whole grains, soybeans, leafy green, chocolate
• Beets – cleanses the blood amino acids associated with heart disease, also contains potassium and magnesium
• Garlic and onions blood thinners
• Omega-3 fatty acids contribute to heart health and flexibility Hdm.bnosf vessels, omega-3 features that reduce triglyceride levels in the blood and increases the good cholesterol? HDL. Found in fish), salmon, tuna, mackerel (flax seeds (which are ground immediately before eating), flaxseed oil, canola oil and certain algae
• Pomegranate – contains antioxidant and reduces the risk of heart disease and blood vessels. Drink half a glass of pomegranate juice daily helps to lower blood pressure and protect blood vessel walls
• glass of red wine at dinner – wine contains polyphenols which protect the heart, reducing the risk of blood clots, reducing the decline of the bad cholesterol (LDL) cholesterol in the arteries
• Olive oil – dilates blood vessels
• Herbal changing: olive leaves, parsley, corn or hair nettle leaves
• cocoa and green tea contain flavonoids that reduce blood pressure and beneficial to blood vessels.
According to Chinese medicine, refrigerators should consume foods such as barley, millet, quinoa, bananas, cucumbers, mushrooms, pear, asparagus, tofu, celery. Green tea also is considered by the Chinese refrigerator.
Constipation – its all about nutrition
Constipation is one of the most common digestive problems and constipation sufferers because the adults and children. Constipation is defined as a decrease stool frequency, difficulty and pain on defecation and fecal small, dry and hard. Normal frequency of departures varies from person to person and ranges from three a day to three a week so constipation is defined as a decrease frequency and no desired number of ports in piercing.
Almost all of them suffer from occasional constipation, to have two groups more prone to suffer from cases of constipation adults (elderly) and women. Although it is not a pleasant problem, which is often a temporary problem, and most cases of constipation simple home treatment can be beneficial.
Changes in lifestyle and diet can be very useful against constipation and prevention.
One of the most recommended changes first step is ensuring drinking plenty of fluids. It is recommended to drink at least 8-6 glasses of water a day at rest. Fecal water body may help to create easy to remove.
Another step recommended against constipation is increasing the amount of fiber in your diet. The fiber help bowel function and are abundant in fruits and vegetables, whole grains and whole wheat products.
Lifestyle changes can help treat constipation are adhering to regular meals and relaxation and regular exercise.
In many cases, despite lifestyle changes, will need to be helped even drugs for treating constipation. The most common use of diuretics. Use of laxatives over time is not recommended because you likely need to increase the dose up and down the likelihood of your bowels function properly without the aid of drugs. Exceptional both drugs based on polyethylene glycol (such as Normlks) that do not cause addiction and laziness of the intestines and can be used for a long time.